Furnace Repair in Piqua, Sidney, Troy, OH, and Surrounding Areas
Burkett's Heating & Cooling
After a long summer, some of us have concerns regarding our HVAC system and whether it will work properly or not during the colder season. The proper functioning of a furnace is essential during winter. If you are experiencing heating issues or need a unit repair immediately, call certified experts that can get back to you with quality, speed, and precision. Contact Us Today for Furnace Repair in Piqua, Sidney, Troy, OH, and Surrounding Areas.
Introduction To Furnace And Repairs
A malfunctioning furnace puts your house or business at risk of fire. So, if you face such an issue, don’t wait. Seek professional help for furnace repair right away. A furnace heats the air circulating in your house by an HVAC system. The thermostat has a direct connection with the furnace. Thus, changes in the thermostat trigger a furnace to turn off or on.
Signs Your Furnace Needs Repair.
The signs your furnace needs repair are as follows:
- Furnace’s Age: A replacement is suggested if the furnace’s age is above 15 years. However, It can solve any malfunction via furnace repair.
- Unpleasant Smell: A strong smell of fuel may suggest furnace issues. It is advisable to contact an HVAC technician to solve the issue.
- The problem in starting the unit: This is due to the furnace’s age, which triggers issues in turning on the unit. Repairing the furnace may solve this issue.
- Insufficient Heat: If the furnace cannot produce heat, it is recommended to schedule furnace repair.
- Hike in Electricity Bill: Even if you notice a short hike in the electricity bill or strange noise from the furnace, don’t hesitate to call an HVAC expert team. Furnace repair will ensure your safety and improve the system’s efficiency.
Advantages of Furnace Repairs
Furnace repairs offer different benefits, such as:
- Effective Heating
- Lower energy use and fuel costs
- Longevity of the system
- Improved indoor air quality
The Total Cost Of A Furnace And A Replacement
The cost for furnace replacement varies from approximately $2500-$6500. Installing a new furnace is a significant investment. It decreases frequent repairing of the unit, saves energy, and reduces electricity bills.
The cost is approximately $250-$550 for replacing the central board of the furnace. However, the price varies based on the furnace’s age and the central board’s price.
Replace or Repair Your Furnace?
If you find the following reasons, it is advisable to repair your furnace rather than replace it:
- Furnace is new
- Furnace efficiently heats your home
- The furnace did not require frequent repairs
If you have maintained your furnace properly and it runs efficiently, you need not worry about furnace replacement. Schedule service to know more about it.
Qualified HVAC Experts For Furnace Repair In Your Locality
You might want to hire a technician for your furnace repairs and other HVAC unit services. Burkett’s Heating & Cooling includes a mobile team of trained and skilled HVAC technicians to respond to furnace repair across Piqua, Troy, Sidney, Ohio, and surrounding areas.
Contact us to get a broad idea about our services. We provide services on weekdays and emergency services on weekends.
Contact Us Today For Furnace Repair in Piqua, Sidney, Troy, OH, and Surrounding Areas
Frequently Asked Question
Here are the common signs that indicate you are in need of furnace repair in Piqua, OH:
- Inconsistent Heating: If some rooms in your home are warm while others remain chilly, it could signal a distribution issue within the system.
- Increased Energy Bills: A sudden spike in your energy bills without any changes in usage can be a sign of reduced efficiency in your Burkett's Heating & Cooling furnace.
- Unusual Noises: If your furnace starts producing strange sounds like banging, rattling, or squealing, it's time to investigate the issue.
- Frequent Cycling: If your furnace turns on and off frequently, it's struggling to maintain a consistent temperature, which can lead to wear and tear.
- Weak or No Airflow: A lack of airflow can result from clogged filters or more severe issues within the system.
- Yellow Pilot Light: For gas furnaces, a yellow pilot light can indicate the presence of carbon monoxide, a potentially dangerous situation.
Routine maintenance is the foundation of a reliable and efficient furnace. Here's a general guideline on how often you should have your furnace inspected and serviced:
Annual Inspections: Scheduling an annual inspection and service in the fall, before the winter chill arrives, is a wise practice. It ensures your Burkett's Heating & Cooling furnace is in top condition for the cold months.
Filter Replacement: Regularly check and change your air filter every 1-3 months, depending on usage. A clogged filter can hinder airflow and strain your furnace.
As-Needed Servicing: If you notice issues or unusual signs like those mentioned above, don't hesitate to contact a professional for prompt servicing.
A malfunctioning furnace during winter can be stressful, but knowing what to do can save you from extended discomfort. Here's a step-by-step guide:
- Check the Thermostat: Ensure your thermostat is set to the desired temperature and switched to the heating mode.
- Inspect the Circuit Breaker: Check your home's circuit breaker or fuse box to see if a blown fuse or tripped breaker is causing the problem.
- Replace the Air Filter: A clogged filter can impede airflow, causing your furnace to work harder. Replace it if necessary.
- Inspect the Pilot Light: If you have a gas furnace, ensure the pilot light is lit. To relight your gas furnace, refer to the instructions from the manufacturer.
- Call a Professional: If none of the above steps resolves the issue, it's time to contact a qualified HVAC technician for a thorough inspection and furnace repair in Piqua, OH.
Preventing furnace issues involves proactive measures to maintain your system's performance and extend its lifespan. Here's what you can do:
- Regular Maintenance: Schedule annual professional maintenance to keep your furnace in top shape.
- Filter Replacement: Change the air filter regularly to ensure proper airflow and reduce strain on the system.
- Keep the Area Clear: Ensure the area around your furnace is clear of obstructions, preventing potential safety hazards.
- Invest in a Programmable Thermostat: A programmable thermostat allows you to set temperature schedules, optimizing energy use and reducing wear on the furnace.
- Seal Air Leaks: Inspect your home for drafts and seal any gaps that can make your furnace work harder.
Selecting the right HVAC contractor for furnace repair in Piqua, OH is critical to ensuring quality and efficiency. Here's what to look for:
- Licensing and Certification: Ensure the contractor holds the required licenses and certifications.
- Experience: Choose a contractor with a track record of successful furnace repairs and a strong reputation.
- References and Reviews: Check customer reviews and request references to gauge the contractor's reliability.