Furnace Replacement in Piqua, Sidney, Troy, OH, and Surrounding Areas
Burkett's Heating & Cooling
During the harsh winter season, no one would want to settle for an inefficient or degraded furnace system. Several reasons damage the furnace system or its components, making furnace replacement necessary. Contact Us Today for Furnace Replacement in Piqua, Sidney, Troy, OH, and Surrounding Areas.
Reasons That Lead To Early Furnace Replacement:
- Not cleaning the filter
When you avoid cleaning the dirty filter, it gets clogged. It causes air to be unable to pass through it leading to overheating. Overheating can even cause a crack in the heat exchanger.
A heat exchanger is one of the most expensive components of a furnace system. We must protect the heat exchanger if we don’t wish to spend on this expensive component. Thus, cleaning air filters can prevent premature replacement of the heating system.
- Obstruction near air registers
If there is any obstructing thing near air registers, it will restrict the airflow. Due to airflow restriction, the hot air gets stuck inside the heater. It also results in overheating and damages the mechanism of your furnace system.
- Not servicing furnaces every year
Knowingly or unknowingly, we do make mistakes with furnace maintenance. When we schedule furnace servicing every year, we learn about those mistakes and the overall condition of the furnace system. Moreover, the technician will troubleshoot the faulty components and extend the lifespan of the furnace unit.
Signs Your Furnace Needs A Replacement
- The system is too old
Generally, a furnace lasts 15 to 20 years, only if it gets serviced every year. But sometimes, outside climate can also degrade the HVAC equipment.
When your furnace is about 15 years old and needs constant repairs, you should choose furnace replacement to save money on unhelpful repairs.
- Repair v/s replace: compare the costs
If the cost of furnace repair is higher than the replacement, you should prefer replacing your old heating equipment to save money and get a more efficient furnace.
- Rusting or cracks
When you see your furnace rusting, or there are visible cracks over it, the furnace unit will soon be out of repair. Replace it on time.
- Loud operation noise
When you hear loud clicking, screeching, and humming noises out of your furnace system, it means there are severe internal damages that need an inspection soon. If those damages demand extremely high repair costs, better replace the furnace unit.
- Change in the flame’s color
The color of the furnace flame is blue, but when it turns yellow, your furnace is releasing harmful gas. It can be carbon monoxide too. Shut off your furnace system immediately and call the technician.
Burkett’s Heating & Cooling can help you with furnace replacement. We provide trained technicians for all HVAC replacements, repairs, and installations. We serve Sydney, Troy, Houston, West Milton, Ohio, and surrounding areas. Call us today to book high-quality HVAC services.
Contact Us Today For Furnace Replacement in Piqua, Sidney, Troy, OH, and Surrounding Areas
Frequently Asked Question
Your furnace is a critical component of your home's comfort, and recognizing when it's time for furnace replacement in Piqua, OH is essential. Here are some telltale signs that your furnace may need an upgrade:
- Age: If your furnace is over 15-20 years old, it's approaching the end of its expected lifespan. Even with proper maintenance, older units become less efficient over time.
- Increased Energy Bills: A sudden spike in your energy bills, despite no changes in usage, may indicate that your furnace is working harder and less efficiently.
- Frequent Repairs: If you find yourself frequently calling for repairs, it might be more cost-effective to invest in a new furnace rather than patching up an aging one.
- Inconsistent Heating: If some rooms are always too warm or too cold, your furnace may no longer distribute heat evenly.
- Strange Noises: Unusual sounds, such as banging, squealing, or rattling, are indicators of underlying problems.
- Yellow Flame: If the flame in your gas furnace is yellow instead of blue, it could be producing carbon monoxide, which is extremely dangerous.
- Visible Rust and Corrosion: Rust and corrosion on your furnace are signs of wear and tear that may compromise its performance and safety.
- Uneven Heating: If you notice inconsistent heating throughout your home, it could be due to an aging furnace's inability to maintain a consistent temperature.
Determining the right time to replace your furnace can be a significant decision. Consider the following:
- Age: If your furnace is over 15 years old and exhibiting signs of wear, it's a good time to explore replacement options.
- Energy Efficiency: Older furnaces are generally less energy-efficient. Upgrading to a newer, more efficient model can result in long-term savings on your energy bills.
- Frequent Repairs: If the cost of repairs is adding up or becoming a regular occurrence, it might be more cost-effective to replace the unit.
- Safety: A furnace that is not operating correctly can pose safety risks, especially in the case of gas furnaces producing carbon monoxide.
- Home Comfort: If you're experiencing uneven heating and discomfort in your home, a new furnace can provide the consistent warmth you need.
Furnace replacement in Piqua, OH comes with several benefits that can improve your home's comfort, safety, and efficiency. Here are some advantages:
- Energy Efficiency: Newer furnaces are designed to be more energy-efficient, resulting in lower utility bills.
- Consistent Heating: Modern furnaces can distribute heat more evenly, eliminating cold spots in your home.
- Enhanced Comfort: A new furnace can provide a more stable and comfortable indoor environment.
- Improved Air Quality: Modern systems often include better air filtration systems, contributing to better indoor air quality.
- Safety: Newer furnaces come with advanced safety features to protect against issues like carbon monoxide leaks.
- Reduced Carbon Footprint: With improved efficiency, a new furnace helps reduce your environmental impact.
Choosing the right HVAC contractor for your furnace replacement in Piqua, OH is crucial. Here's what you should consider:
- Licensing and Certification: Ensure the contractor holds the necessary licenses and certifications to work on your furnace.
- Experience: Look for a contractor with a proven track record of successful furnace installations and replacements.
- References and Reviews: Check for customer reviews and ask for references to gauge their reputation.
- Transparent Pricing: A reputable contractor should provide a clear, detailed estimate of the cost of the replacement.
- Warranty: Ensure the contractor offers a warranty on both the equipment and the installation work.
- Customer Service: Assess their responsiveness, communication, and willingness to answer your questions.
- Energy-Efficient Options: A good contractor should be knowledgeable about energy-efficient furnace models and offer recommendations for your specific needs.
Absolutely! Upgrading to a smart thermostat during a furnace replacement is an excellent idea. Here are some benefits:
- Energy Savings: Smart thermostats allow you to control your home's temperature remotely, optimizing heating and cooling for efficiency.
- Convenience: Adjust your home's temperature using your smartphone or voice commands for maximum convenience.
- Customization: Smart thermostats offer customizable heating schedules to fit your lifestyle.
- Improved Comfort: Precise temperature control ensures you're always comfortable in your home.
- Remote Monitoring: You can monitor your HVAC system's performance and receive alerts if there are issues, allowing for prompt maintenance.