Water Heaters Services in Piqua, Sidney, Troy, OH, and Surrounding Areas
During the winter season your comfort may be compromised if your water heater fails unexpectedly. It is better to call experts for water heater service in Piqua, OH, to keep your device functioning accurately throughout the season.
Professional technicians have all the necessary experience to handle your device with care and return it to its perfect working state.
1. Reasons to Call for Professional Water Heater Services in Piqua, OH
The most frequent causes of repair and water heater services are given below.
- Malfunctioning Thermostat
Make necessary adjustments to set your thermostat temperature correctly. The ideal temperature of the thermostat would be 120 to 140 degrees to heat the water successfully. If you can not change the temperature, your current unit needs a replacement.
- Leaks in the System
Broken heating elements can easily cause water leaks, leaks in water tanks, a stuck pressure valve, a stuck in-line valve, excessive pressure, system overheating, and faulty plumbing connections. Professional technicians are required to service the system.
- Buildup in Internal Coils
When water flows inside the water heater system pipelines, it carries sediment and minerals that pile up to block the coils, and your heater stops producing hot water. It is a common issue that requires regular cleaning and inspection.
- Corrosion of the System Parts
Almost all water heater components are made of metal which may rust over time. Yet the most common components to be rusted are the heating rods. It gives off discolored water as an indication of rust.
- Damage to the Pressure Valve
The pressure valve regulates excessive pressure and maintains working pressure in the system. However, water leakage could damage the valve over time, which needs replacement.
2. Tips to Prolong the Life of your Water Heater
With continuous use, your water heater is prone to damage every day. Yet, you can keep up with the routine maintenance and some basic tips to maintain your water heater’s performance. It can also reduce your energy bills by a large margin. Follow the steps below for tips on maintaining your system:
- Clean dirt and debris from the outer body of your water heater. Remove the stuck leaves, twigs, and sticks if placed outdoors to ensure nothing obstructs their efficiency.
- Do not start with a high temperature to heat water from the beginning. If the season has just started, increase the temperature gradually and stay in the moderate range. Most water heaters can provide ample heat in moderation.
- During annual tuneup and maintenance, the technician inspects the anode rod and replaces it when needed. You can do the same all season. Inspect the anode rod regularly to ensure it works efficiently and replace it when needed in the same position and alignment.
- Most water heaters are cleaned from the inside out during the annual service. However, if you want to maintain maximum efficiency, you can clean the dirt from the internal components of your device.