Air conditioning appliances can be a significant source of energy consumption in a home, accounting for up to 50% of the total energy bill in some cases. However, homeowners can take many simple steps, such as sealing leaks or scheduling AC repair Piqua, OH, to reduce their energy consumption and lower their energy bills. Read below to learn more about the top air conditioning tips to save on energy bills.
Tips To Save On Air Conditioning Energy Bill
Below are nine key tips to help you save money on your air conditioning bills.
• Install A Programmable Thermostat: Installing a programmable thermostat is one of the easiest and most effective means to reduce energy consumption. These thermostats allow you to schedule when the air conditioning should be on or off, reducing energy consumption when the home is unoccupied.
• Seal Air Leaks: Air leaks around windows, doors, and other openings can allow hot air to enter the home, making the cooling appliance work harder to maintain the desired temperature. Sealing these leaks can lower power consumption and lower energy bills.
• Maintain the Air Conditioner: Regular maintenance can help keep your air conditioner running efficiently and prevent costly breakdowns. Cleaning or replacing the air filter, checking refrigerant levels, and having the system inspected annually by a professional can help ensure the longevity and efficiency of the air conditioner.
• Upgrade To An Energy Star-Certified Air Conditioner: Energy Star-certified air conditioners are designed to be more energy efficient than conventional models. Upgrading to an energy star-certified air conditioner can lower energy consumption and power bills.
• Use Fans: Fans can help distribute air and reduce the load on the air conditioning appliance. Using ceiling fans or portable fans can help reduce the need for air conditioning, especially on mild days.
• Keep the Air Conditioner in the Shade: Placing it in a shady spot can lower the heat it must remove from the home, reducing energy consumption.
• Set the AC Thermostat Higher: Setting the thermostat higher when the home is unoccupied can reduce energy consumption and lower energy bills. For instance, setting the thermostat to 78°F when the house is occupied and 85°F, when it is unoccupied can lower energy consumption by up to 15%.
• Use Window Coverings: Closing shades, blinds, or curtains during the day can help lower the heat entering the home, reducing the load on the air conditioner.
• Install Shading Devices: Installing shading devices, such as screens or shades, on windows can reduce the heat entering the home, reducing the load on the air conditioner.
By following these techniques effectively, you can reduce energy consumption and lower energy bills. Additionally, by maintaining the cooling appliance and reducing energy consumption, you can extend the system’s lifespan and ensure a comfortable living environment.
If you are looking for a dependable service provider for your repair, maintenance, or AC installation in Sidney, OH, contact the experts at Burkett’s Heating & Cooling. To schedule an appointment or learn more about our services, call us at (937) 773-8350, and we will be delighted to serve you.