Your HVAC system may develop issues that require immediate attention as it ages. Occasionally however, repairs can not suffice for the troubles in your system, and you have to call a professional for a complete heating replacement in Piqua, OH.
Telltale Signs your Heating System needs Replacement
Follow the given signs to understand that the right time for replacement has come.
- Trouble Starting the Device
When your heating system ages, it starts showing signs of wear and tear by taking time to turn on. There might be instances when your system will not turn on on the first try and require subsequent efforts. You can try restarting the system; if the issues persist, you need professional assistance.
- High Electricity Costs
Do not overlook the rise in your utility bills. A high energy bill confirms that your system is either overworking or there is some fault in the connections hindering proper function. It could signify failing ductwork that loses heat and suffixes with overworking for long hours. Schedule an immediate inspection to know the cause and fix the issue.
- Unreliable Heating Temperature
You will notice improper heating in your home due to a malfunctioning heater. Uneven heating, hot and cold spots, and fluctuating heating temperatures are the signs of a failing heating system that needs an inspection. If the repairs can not fix it, you need replacement.
- Foul Odors
If you notice a lingering smell coming from your heating system, it might be due to insufficient combustion and a faulty exhaust. While you cannot smell carbon monoxide, it is still a sign of something unusual, so pay attention and call an expert.
- Gas Leakage
Heating systems are based on fuel combustion to produce heat and when this gas leaks out of the system into your home, shut down the device immediately. Leave the house until the leak is fixed.
- Unusual Noises
If you notice the sudden shift from a quiet and calm environment to constant buzzing, humming, and other noises from the system, it is time to check for signs of internal damage. There could be loosened connections, refrigerant leaks, broken parts, or other problems that require an immediate solution.
- Recurring Repairs
You might think repairs are less expensive than entire system replacement. However, the situation reverses when repairs are needed repeatedly in a very short time. Especially if your system is older, know that repairs can not hold it for longer, so schedule a professional replacement and transit to a new system.
- Yellow Pilot Light
In old furnaces, a pilot light is provided to indicate flame combustion. It means if the pilot light is blue, the combustion occurs in the presence of sufficient oxygen with no issues. However, if the light turns yellow, it is a sign of incomplete combustion due to lack of oxygen resulting in carbon monoxide release. The thermostat will not heat up properly, and your system will shut off eventually.
Be careful while choosing an HVAC contractor for furnace installation in Piqua, OH. Don’t hesitate to search for online reviews and verify with prior clients. In Ohio, Burkett’s Heating & Cooling is one of the top reputed companies that can handle any of your repair and installation needs. Contact us today for a consultation.
Frequently Asked Question
Routine maintenance is the backbone of a reliable heating system. Professional service is recommended at least once a year. Here's why:
- Efficiency and Reliability: Regular servicing ensures your system operates at peak efficiency, reducing energy consumption and extending its lifespan. It also minimizes the risk of unexpected breakdowns during those frigid winter days.
- Safety: Regular inspections can identify potential issues, such as gas leaks or carbon monoxide leaks before they become hazardous. Your family's safety is our top priority.
- Warranty Preservation: Many manufacturers require annual maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Neglecting this could cost you significantly in case of a major system failure.
While heating systems are built to last, there comes a time when it's more cost-effective and practical to replace them. Here are some factors to consider:
- Age: On average, a well-maintained furnace or heat pump can last 15-20 years. If your system is approaching this age, it might be time to explore heating installation services in Piqua, OH for replacement options.
- Energy Efficiency: Older systems tend to lack energy efficiency. Upgrading to a newer model can lead to substantial savings on your energy bills over time.
- Frequent Repairs: If you find yourself constantly calling for repairs, it may be more economical to invest in a new system. Repairs can add up quickly, and you'll benefit from the peace of mind that comes with a reliable system.
Our team of experts can evaluate your current system and provide heating installation services in Piqua, OH tailored to your specific needs and budget.
Maintenance doesn't stop after your heating installation services in Piqua, OH. In fact, it becomes even more critical. Here's why:
Optimal Performance: Regular maintenance ensures your new system operates at its best, providing consistent heating throughout your home.
Warranty Coverage: Just like with older systems, keeping up with maintenance is often a requirement to maintain your new system's warranty.
Early Issue Detection: Catching and addressing potential problems early can save you from costly repairs.
Don't skip the maintenance steps after installing your new heating system. It's an investment in both your comfort and your wallet.
It's not uncommon to encounter some hiccups with a newly installed system. Here's what you should do:
- Check the Basics: Make sure the thermostat is set to the desired temperature and the system is on. Sometimes, issues can be as simple as this.
- Inspect the Air Filter: A dirty or clogged air filter can impede airflow and cause issues. Regularly change or clean your filter.
- Contact Professionals: If issues persist, don't hesitate to reach out to our expert team. We have the experience and expertise to diagnose and fix any problems swiftly.
Flushing your heating system is essential to maintain its efficiency and longevity. Typically, it's recommended every 2-5 years, depending on your system's type and usage. Here's why it's crucial:
- Eliminating Buildup: Over time, sediment and mineral deposits can accumulate in your system, reducing its efficiency. Flushing removes these contaminants, allowing your system to operate smoothly.
- Preventing Damage: The buildup of debris can lead to component damage and increased energy consumption. Flushing can prevent these issues, saving you money in the long run.
As always, the frequency of flushing should be discussed with a professional who can assess your specific system's needs.